Photography III: Project 4

 






Artist Statement Project 4

For this project, my concept is based on portrait photography with flowers. I've been meaning to do this concept for a while and this project was a great opportunity for me to finally put my hands on it. For me, flowers resemble beauty, and everyone is beautiful in their own ways so I thought putting these two together will complement each other very well. I personally love flowers and I think having flowers in my room or even receiving flowers from others is a great way of living with that freshness. For this concept, I wanted something fresh and relaxing to look at. The first thing that I did was choosing the way I wanted to shoot this concept. From the beginning, I wanted the flowers to be attached to the model's hair. My one obstacle was trying to get the flowers to attached to the hair and since I used real flower, I think it sagged out easily and won't stay put. For some of the shoots, I tried putting pedals of flowers on my model's face (Pic 5), it's tricky but I managed to get it on there. But I think having a real flower actually gives off the fresh looks and overall, I think that it was successful in a way that the natural beauty of the flowers complemented the beauty of the model's face really well. 







Comments

Popular Posts