Photography II : Project 5_Artist as Mentor









 


My Artist Statement

I chose Irving Penn for my final project because I wanted to try out fashion photography, since he is well known for his fashion photograph which would end up on a Vogue cover. After researching more about him, I tend to move towards his ways of photographing his models rather than the specific "fashion" shoot. He uses a lot of corner pictures where he builds the walls in a studio with little space for the person to sit and he tends to make the models awkward by it. A lot of my work is inspired by this concept and the portraits concepts that he takes. I took my portraits in the lighting studio's second entrance using the florescent light as the main source. My model took over the poses and all I have to do is guide her where to sit or where to pose. 














Comments

Popular Posts