Photography II : Project 4









When it comes to the word "spring", I always  think of flowers and plants as well as their transformation from the wintertime. Living in South Dakota for quite a while now, I don't expect much of warm weather this time of the year. One place I like to visit to get a glimpse of spring during the wintertime is the garden store at "Parkview Nursery Inc." They have a mini store for garden essential and variety of plants. For this project, I focused on capturing the different spot/spaces in the store that gives off the meaning of spring. I wanted to capture images of flowers blooming in honesty, but there's no flowers yet so I just took images of the variety of colorful pots. This place is very colorful and it gives off the word "spring" really well to me. 

At first, I was focusing on taking images of repetition as well as patterns of the pots, focusing on the middle ground with the back and the front-ground blurred. This can be seen in the first and third images on here. I later focused on taking a fitted frame image where the whole image is covered with objects. Which could be seen in second and fourth images. In the last photo, I wanted to capture the longing of spring, so I captured a close-up of the dust and spider web. 



Comments

Popular Posts